Manual Handling Training
A comprehensive, full day training course coving all aspects of manual handling from legislation and responsibilities, manual handling techniques and strategies to develop not only understanding but capacity as well.
This course will not only cover the employer's obligation to provide manual handling training but will make a genuine, positive difference to those involved in moving and handling in the workplace.
This course introduces candidates to the risks involved in manual handling. It will develop the candidates ability to assess manual handling tasks relative to their own capacity and the effective completion of the task whilst minimizing the risks involved.
The course introduces the candidate to links between their own health and vitality and the risks involved in manual handling and looks at effective strategies to boost vitality and productivity whilst minimizing the risk of injury in the workplace.
The qualification covers the following topics:
- The risks and benefits from manual handling in the workplace
- The process and relevance of manual handling in the workplace
- The process of manual handling injuries and the conditions that contribute to them
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- Assessing manual handling tasks relative to personal capacity
- Stable lifting technique
- Preparing your body to perform general manual handling tasks -lift, carry, push, pull
- Preparing your body to perform manual handling tasks specific to the candidate
- Testing unknown loads
- Adding variety to overly repetitive manual handling to minimise injury
- The principles and practices of recovery from work done in manual handling
- Simple strategies to improve health and vitality through lifestyle
Designed for: All employees
Course duration: 1 day
Assessment method: Attendance certificate